What is better than a milkshake?
A milkshake that is GOOD for you of course!
My husband has a thing for dairy. He especially LOVES ice cream and milkshakes. Being married to a dietitian though, he doesn’t get much approval for it and has to deal with sideways glances from me when he arrives home with a tub of ice cream. It probably has more to do with the fact that now I’ll have to exercise self control because I know it is sitting in the freezer waiting for me. So I’ve had to come up with another plan to satisfy both of our sweet & creamy tooth cravings. And this one does a fine job at that.
– 1 tsp chia seeds
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tbs vanilla protein powder – optional (I like Sunwarrior vanilla protein powder)
– 10 almonds
– 1 tsp almond butter
– 1/2 a tsp vanilla bean paste
– Half a frozen banana
– 1 cup almond milk (I like Australia’s Own Almond Milk)
– Slivered almonds
– Agave syrup
1. Blend together chia seeds, cinnamon, protein powder and almonds to make a powder.
2. Add almond butter, vanilla paste, banana and almond and blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Top with slivered almonds, cinnamon and a dash of agave syrup if you feel the need for some sweetness